- Greenfield Lutheran offers a variety of things for our children, from programs, activities, and events.
- Children baptized at Greenfield Lutheran are welcomed into God's family by the congregation and named in our Cradle Roll.
- Nursery Revitalization
- Announcing Greenfield Nursery
Matthew 19: 14 states: "Let the
little children come to me, and do
not stop them; for it is to such as
these that the kingdom of heaven
The Children and Family Committee
(formerly the Education
Committee) is excited to announce
the opening and revitalization
of the Greenfield Nursery!
The committee feels strongly that
there should be a safe and inviting
place for parents to bring their
young children (ages birth to
three years old) on Sunday mornings.
Children who are three years
old by September I will be in
Sunday School at 10:10 or in
worship at 9:00. Each Sunday,
beginning September II, at the
9:00 Festival Service and at the
10:30 Celebration Service, nursery
will be available for infants
and toddlers. (The nursery will be
open for two different shifts: 9:00
until Festival Worship is completed
and from 10: I0 - II: I0) It
is our desire that many families
will take advantage of this fantastic
To that end, the nursery is receiving
a face lift! In the next two
weeks, the nursery will be. carpeted
so that babies can crawl and toddlers can toddle more easily on the floor.
- The Children and Family Committee is seeking three members (confirmed students and older) to help
in the nursery at each hour on a Sunday morning. This is a beautiful, intergenerational opportunity which
allows us to be the church actively together!. Please contact the church office to schedule being a
be a nursery helper. Thank you! 886-3272
- Sunday School
- Sunday School is kicked off the first Sunday after Labor Day with a special
event called Rally Sunday. A special service, program, and activities is held each
year to celebrate the starting of the Sunday School Year. At the church service the
third and seventh graders are presented their own Bible as a gift from the
- Sunday School is at 10:00 am, following our 9 a.m. church service..
- 10:00-10:25 - is music & cookies
- 10:25-11:10 - children go to the home room for learning and activities
- Special events are held randomly through the Sunday School Year where all of the
Sunday School kids gather in Large Group for a special activity, movie , or event.
- Recognition Sunday- on the last day of Sunday School for the school year the
Sunday School teachers, leaders, children and helpers are recognized at the 9 am
- Sunday School Corner
- Dear Parents:
- We welcome you and your family to another exciting year of Sunday School. It is our prayer that your child would meet Jesus in a new and exciting way this year through music, lesson study, Christmas program worship leading and fellowship.
- Our classes will be divided this year into a Preschool – Kindergarten class, a 1st and 2nd grade class and a 3rd, 4th and 5th grade class. This year’s 6th graders have an opportunity to help out in the preschool – kindergarten class for Sunday School this year. The 6th graders did a phenomenal job helping with Vacation Bible School this year and we think that this will be a great way for them to use their gifts!
- Please make every effort to bring your child to Sunday School regularly. The classes become much closer and lessons come to life more and more when they are coming week to week. (The same can actually be said for adults in worship!)
- God Bless YOU!
- Pastor Kyle Jackson,
- Our children have selected sponsoring our local food shelf and have elected the third Sunday of each month as Noisy Offering.
- The Children pass a tin loaf pan during the 9 am church service and ask for loose change and offerings to donate to the local food shelf.
- Christmas Pageant
- The Christmas Pageant is part of the Sunday School program with the children practicing during their normal Sunday school time.
- The Christmas Pageant is usually the third Sunday of December.
- Good Earth Village
- The children are offered the opportunity to go to Good Earth Village Christian Camp by Spring Valley. The camp offers Day Camp or Overnight Campers for various lengths of time.
- Greenfield Lutheran WELCA & Congregation help with a donation towards each individuals Campership.
- Early Bird Sign Up deadline is by April 1st each year. Contact the church office or the Youth Director.
- Please note that Good Earth Village offers various types of programs for the entire family.
- Vacation Bible School (VBS)
- Ecumenical Vacation Bible School is offered each year at Greenfield Lutheran,
welcoming our neighbors and friends to join us at Vacation Bible School (VBS).
- Summer 2013 VBS to be announced.
- Education Committee
- The Education Committee meets the first Monday of each month in the Education
Room . This committee plans and coordinates the Children Education, Programs, &