- Luther League
- Grades 7-12
- We are trying a new program this year that combines our youth from Confirmation age on up (being grades 7-12) to create Luther League. This will hopefully have our older League members acting as role models for our younger members.
- We have a wonderful program full of amazing youth that impress me on a regular basis with their maturity and ability to have fun no matter what we’re doing!
- We meet once a month for events. These can include anything from game or movie nights, trips, community service projects, or other fellowship fun.
- Our youth groups are even connected via Facebook!
- Come join us for what is always a good time!
- Many Luther League members are Videographers during Sunday morning worship. This means that they tape the services that are later run on cable access.
- Yet another way that our youth give back to our congregation!
- Our new year of Confirmation begins in September. Confirmation classes for youth in grades 7-9 begin on Wednesday, September 4. Supper is at 6 PM, followed by class from 6:30 – 7:30 PM. Confirmation meets most Wednesdays from September through April. Note that on September 4, acolyte instruction and review will be from 6:20 – 6:30.
- This year our confirmation instruction will be centered on the Bible and how it tells the story of God's relationship with humanity. We will be using The Story Bible from Zondervan Press, which arranges passages from the Bible to place the events in chronological order, adding narration where necessary to connect things. Every Confirmation student will be given a copy of The Story. We will also be concentrating on learning how to use a traditional Bible to look up passages and to memorize Bible verses.
- Confirmation in our tradition begins in the 7th grade and is a 3 year program culminating in the Rite of Confirmation in the 9th grade.
- Classes are Wednesday evenings and start with a meal at 6:00, a great way to have fellowship, and proceed with class starting at 6:30 and going to 7:30.
- Students are placed into small groups with an adult Small Group Leader. This facilitates discussion and prayer after class. Small groups are also required to complete service projects for the community 4 times a year to begin a practice of giving of ourselves back to the community.
- Confirmation students are also on a rotation schedule to acolyte during worship services.
- Confirmation is a fulfillment of our Baptismal Covenant by making our youth into responsible and caring adults of our congregation. Wednesday evenings are about growing in Christ!
- Good Earth Village
- Our church has strong ties with Good Earth Village and we have many campers that go there every year.
- Greenfield Lutheran understands the importance of summer camp to the spiritual growth of our youth and provide generous “camperships” every year!
- Did you know that 70% of pastors attribute their experiences at summer camp to be the reason they go into ministry?
- GEV is also home to the Confirmation Kick-Off that our 9th graders attend at the beginning of the Confirmation year. We are pleased to share that our youth always stand apart from the crowd with their maturity and leadership (but we might just be biased)!
- ELCA National Youth Gathering
- In July of 2012 the ELCA National Youth Assembly was held in New Orleans, LA. Greenfield Lutheran sent 17 members
to convention. This was a time of worship, music, spiritual growth and community service for our young people. It was a super
experience for our youth and leaders, along with donation of time and money for the 100 Wells Project.