Present: Paul Hemenway, Josh Krage, Stephanie Silvers, Pastor Bockoven, Zach Krage, Ron Stevens, Peter Olafsen, Charlie Todd, Dave Kiehne, Time Ostrum, Kris Torgerson. Absent: Amy Hershberger, Harvey Hershberger
Call to Order at 8:00- Tim Ostrom, President
Devotions – Pastor Bockoven
Code of Conduct
Worship & Music
Children, Youth, Family
Adult & Family
1. Election of Officers – Moved by Charlie Todd that we reelect the current officers. Seconded by Ron Stevens. Motion carried.
a. President – Tim Ostrum
b. Vice President – Paul Hemenway
c. Secretary – Peter Olafsen
b. Treasurer – Dave Kiehne
2. Consent Agenda:
a. Approval of January meeting minutes
Moved to approve by Dave Kiehne. Seconded by Stephanie Silvers. Motion carried.
b. Approval of Annual Meeting minutes (1/29/23)
Moved to approve as amended by Dave Kiehne. Seconded by Paul Hemenway. Motion carried.
3. Financial Report
4. Old Business – Discussion of new sign. Property will be in charge. Discussion of having coffee before church as we did before COVID.
5. New Business
a. Council Counter schedule – It was decided to sign up by month.
b. 2023 Lent Services and Meals – Starting March 1st through March 29th – Pastor would like to bring back the meals, at all the March services. Estelle’s will donate the meal on March 1st. Breakers will donate the meal on March 15th. 6:30 is the worship time. Church will provide bread, water, etc. Other donations are being sought.
c. Hiring substitute pianist – Christina Martinez for Lenten Services as well as dates that Reagan is
unable to play. Moved to approve by Peter. Seconded by Charlie Todd. Motion carried.
d. Church usage request from Reagan Rose for piano recital – March 12th or 26th. Moved to approve by Peter Olafsen. Seconded by Josh Krage. Motion carried.
6. Children, Youth & Family Director report – Bowling event was attended by 30+ people. Pictures posted on
Facebook. Sunday School pictures are also being posted so folks can follow the curriculum. Air Insanity event is going to February 19th. $5 per church member. $10 for guests. Participants are also bringing food for the food shelf.
7. Pastor’s report – Paula Michael funeral will be this summer. Supply pastors have been found for the two times Pastor will be gone. 30 people were in attendance at the annual meeting. Next year an attempt will be made to coordinate the annual meeting with youth and/or adult choir.
Discussion about what kind of fund raiser can be effectuated. A fish fry before Good Friday (April 7th) services was suggested. It was also suggested a fried chicken dinner that could be done on a different date. The council was very interested in the fish fry. Ticket prices will be $15. Advance tickets will be required.
Discussion of the giving summary and the fact that 82 giving units do not appear to contribute financially. The question discussed was how can we engage those giving units.
8. Adjourn/Lord’s Prayer – Moved to adjourn by Peter Olafsen. Seconded by Ron Stevens. Motion carried. Meeting was adjourned at 9:14