P Paul Hemenway P Amy Hershberger A Harvey Hershberger P Dave Kiehne P Josh Krage P Zach Krage P Peter Olafsen P Tim Ostrom P Stephanie Morse A Ron Stevens P Charlie Todd P Kris Torgerson P Pastor Bockoven
Call to Order- Tim Ostrom, President at 8:01
Devotions: Charlie Todd
Code of Conduct
1. Consent Agenda:
a. Approval of October 2023 Minutes-attached: Moved to approve by Kris Torgerson. Seconded by Josh Krage. Motion carried.
b. Committee Reports
2. Worship & Music
3. Adult & Family
4. Children & Family
5. Property Committee: Work is progressing on the new sign. It should be completed before winter. There is a need to have a repair person come and repair a boiler that is not functioning.
2. Financial Report: We received a large gift. It was a very timely addition to or budget. The offering this week was up considerably over last week. Discussion about creating a budget for the annual meeting, given our financial situation. We plan to discuss the financial situation with Sandy in the December meeting.
3. Old Business
a. BINGO (youth event) was approved by the State of Minnesota. Discussion about the details of the event. Doors open at 12:30, but bingo begins at 1:00.
4. New Business
a. Staff Evaluation – before December council meeting. Discussion of the mechanics of accomplishing evaluations for all staff.
b. Nominations for council 2024. Discussion about people who might be interested. We have one person who has expressed a willingness to serve.
5. Pastor’s report: We had a baptism last Sunday, and two more are coming up. We will be hosting the ecumenical service on November 19th at 5:30. 25 people are interested in the youth gathering. We have many fund raisers planned. We will be selling cookies at Breakfast With Santa. We presently have about $11,000 in the youth account. Another $14,000 has to be raised. Christmas falls on the 4th Sunday of Advent. There will be three services that day. We will need a person to play at Lenten services. There are plans to have new member Sunday the second Sunday in January. Pastor reported that three circles are starting up again.
6. Children/Youth Report: The teachers have cycled through teaching for the first time. Trying to schedule when the kids can sing at Gunderson. The idea of going caroling with the kids in December is being considered.
7. Adjourn/Lord’s Prayer: Moved to adjourn by Peter Olafsen. Seconded by Josh Krage. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:56.