Memorials maybe given and designated for a specific use or gifted to the Memorial Account for the giving of general memorials in honor of loved ones. For a list of needs memorials may be given to, please contact Pastor Betsy or Nancy, church secretary.
Ways to remember your loved one….
A memorial for someone who has died is a lasting tribute that celebrates their life. Usually we look for something that is timeless to be an everlasting gift in remembrance and in honor of the person who has passed. Here are some ideas of sharing and remembering the loved one.
- You may consider planting a tree in their memory
- Memorial Benches may be placed in a peaceful spot to enjoy. You may want to add a plaque when placing the bench in a public area
- Memory Gardens are a wonderful way to have a special place in your own yard. Planting your loved ones favorite flowers or flowers that remind you of the person. Some public places have Memory Gardens and welcome donation plantings in memory of loved ones. Consider sharing flowers from that section of the garden with the family and friends of your loved one
- Stepping stone, stones, outdoor figurines, or angels are a great way to add personal remembrance to a landscaped or garden area
- Create a Memory book or video, from photos and video or movie clips. This can be a wonderful way to share memories
- Keep a journal of your memories, your thoughts, and what you learned from your loved one may help through the grieving process
- A print, banner, or a specific item donated to the church, school, or local organization is a wonderful way to honor and remember a loved one
- Memorials allow us to fondly remember and graciously honor our loved ones, celebrating their life