Greenfield Lutheran Church Council Minutes
Wednesday, September 14th, 2022
8:00 p.m. Library
|P||Paul Hemenway||A||Amy Hershberger||P||Harvey Hershberger||P||Dave Kiehne|
|P||Josh Krage||P||Zach Krage||P||Peter Olafsen||P||Tim Ostrum|
|P||Stephanie Silvers||P||Ron Stevens||A||Charlie Todd||P||Kris Torgerson|
Call to Order- Tim Ostrom, President at 8:00
Devotions – Harvey Hershberger
Code of Conduct
Worship & Music – Will meet in October to finalize recommendations for Christmas. Choir has started up.
Property – Bid for the roof of the parsonage…see below. Lights replaced in the choir room.
Children, Youth, Family
Adult & Family
- Consent Agenda:
- Approval of minutes August meeting: Moved to approve by Stephanie Silvers. Seconded by Dave Kiehne. Motion carried.
- Financial Report
- Collections were up for the month. A very good August. Financially we are about the
same place we were last year.
- Old Business
- August 14th Drive Through meal review – Went well. Ran a bit short on the brisket. We had just the right amount of pulled pork. Next time we will cook all six briskets. 20% reduction in weight after cooking the brisket. Discussion about whether we should continue this meal, or reinstitute the lutefisk/meatball dinner, or both.
- Discussion about whether to reinstitute coffee after church and if so, how to proceed.
- New Business
- Received bid for Parsonage roof – Tristate bid for roof replacement at $28,867 using metal roofing.
- Pastor’s health insurance is up for renewal. An increase of 3%, which is a very competitive. Motion made to approve Pastor’s insurance for the new year by Dave Kiehne. Seconded by Stephanie Silvers. Motion carried.
- Children, Youth & Family Director report
- Josh presented a printed packet including Sunday School teachers, schedules, etc. He also presented ideas for events, trips, etc. He also discussed how to involve older kids and adults in helping and interacting with younger children.
- Pastor’s report
- October 29th – the Chamber of Commerce approached Pastor for the church to have one of our bingo days in conjunction with Trunk or Treat activity. Motion made by Ron Stevens to approve that idea. Seconded by Josh Krage. Motion carried.
- Root River Conference met here. 9 pastors present.
- Confirmation began today. 21 confirmands present.
- Discussed organist/pianist substitutes.
- Sandy and Pastor continue to work with Kris in settling into her job.
- Continuing with visitation and communion in the nursing homes and senior living facilities.
- Will participate in the community Christmas tree display
- Adjourn/Lord’s Prayer Motion to adjourn by Josh Krage. Second by Harvey Hershberger. Motion carried.